Monday, March 23, 2015

Fiber rich coffee mix!

Hey lovelies,

I would like to share my own experience about my love affair with coffee. Even when I was doing rounds in the hospital day and night for a few years, I never asked the aid of coffee to keep me going since I was on my feet and since our Clinical instructor would not permit us to sit down for the duration of our shift. I only started to drink that magical juice when I was working nights as a Billing analyst at a BPO company. They gave out free coffee and I really enjoyed that it kept me awake and up all throughout my shift. I did not know though that this stuff is really addicting and the withdrawals are hell. I experienced the coffee withdrawals during weekends when I blamed sleeping in for my headaches and crankiness in the afternoon, but lo and behold when I drank a cup all that pain magically dissipated and all are rainbows and unicorns again. Fast forward to a few years and it was not really going well, I decided to quit cold turkey and replace it with Yerba Mate which I blogged about a few back, I still miss the aroma and taste of coffee and I have curbed the addiction by keeping myself hydrated and making my coffee heaps healthier now with my own recipe!


4 Tbsp of Raw Oat meal
2 Tbsp of powdered milk or your own protein powder
1/2 Tbsp of washed sugar
1 tsp of Coffee

 Place all together in a blender with half a glass of icy cold water -- add some more if you like.
Then enjoy!

This is really a great way to make coffee as it has raw oatmeal that I osterize making it a bit of an oatie kind of drink but you can just gulp all that fiber up and makes for a healthy digestive system!

Always stay hydrated and keep those happy thoughts coming, there is nothing more important to keep healthy but the mind! -- and that is coming from somebody who had worked at an asylum.

Much love,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment