Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Yerba Mate : My Super energy elixir

Hi guys!

I wanted to share with you my experience with Yerba Mate. I came across this wonder tea from a good friend who was into Reiki and I guess, the most Vegan person I know. He ordered his stock from The Healthy Grocery but it did not include Yerba Mate, still all the healthy super food pictures he posted sparked my interest. Working the night shift for my US clients, I always had to be alert and awake. He recommended Mate since I had to curb my caffeine and sugar addiction.
My Stash



Ordering online was a breeze, I paid using Paypal and I got it in 2 days.


It came with a small guide too.

** sorry for the blurry text, it got auto enhanced by google+**


I am going to write most about Yerba Mate since its what I have used the most.

Taste

I first took half a teaspoon for a small mug of hot water, and it tasted BITTER ( I guess you can say it tastes refreshingly bitter? Since I did not mind drinking it alone with hot water). I then experimented on other mixtures with Yerba Mate, since it came in powder form, I did not need to steep tea leaves etc and can just mix it into my Honey-Lemon concentrate. My favorite way to drink it is cold, mixed with the Honey-Lemon concentrate. Its like my Lemonade Energy drink. 

Effect

Its written that Yerba Mate is very strong, and it is! The recommended first take is half a teaspoon in one cup. It gave me this feeling of euphoria and energy. For a night shift VA, its very hard to keep your self alert since biologically we are supposed to sleep at night, more difficult when you work from home and everybody is sleeping and its all quiet. Yerba Mate gave me this surge of energy that never slumped or crashed like coffee. I gradually increased my er.. dose of Yerba Mate since I wanted to drink it cold with with ice and all in my 700 ml bottle.

It gave me this good feeling (like sunshine or something) that you get when you go out and work, as in out in the sun. I have read a lot about taking too much Yerba Mate and it giving you a mild psychedelic trip (Am I a hippie or what!?) or some psychoactive boost, which I did quite a bit experienced when I put one and a half teaspoon on a teacup of hot water and drank it in one gulp. I think its like when you drink too much coffee but with out the pulsing and palpitation. There is a buzz definitely and my head was spinning! but none of that caffeine induced scary heart pounding.

For the after effects, I only drank one cup of the stuff when working or half of the bottle then if I had to do things after work, which is the morning for everybody else, then I take the rest. I never had problems sleeping, and since there was no nervousness and just the all good euphoric buzz it gave, my mood was really great and its perfect for those morning brunches with the family (midnight snack in my case haha) where you had to converse and play with the kids.

I recommend Yerba Mate to those who are addicted to coffee and sugar, it definitely took the edge off and helped me to get rid of my dependence on the stuff. I was not dependent on Yerba Mate, no headache or withdrawal symptoms. It would be a hard substitute if its the taste of coffee you like, since I know the aroma and smooth taste is has is delightfully addicting too. But I really like the euphoria and buzz Yerba Mate gave (but don't take too much!)

xoxo

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment