Monday, February 16, 2015

Eyeliner Tattoo by Let's Face it

Being a girl who is a fan of this eyeliner, I have tried it all. Pencil, gel, liquid, kohl etc. Being a minimalist, I have found a way to hack all that time making sure they are "perfect" ( or at least budge proof) by having a tattoo.

Yes, I had an eyeliner tattoo. Its permanent, which I love. But  it's not for everybody.

I went to Let's Face it!, a local spa/derma franchise here in the Manila. They offered the service I got (Tattoo regular) for around 1000++ php so that would be around $23-25. I did my research but nothing much is blogged about getting this service from this spa/derma clinic.

They have this waiver that they are not liable blah blah if I get an eye infection and that I understand the risks of the treatment. I am not new to all of this since I get my regular eye lash perm there as well so its kind of SOP for them to hand out these waivers. Only the clinic supervisor is allowed to do this service, but I think almost everybody on staff had a permanent make up (its part of their training). I also went to other branches and asked the receptionists which all had them.

I was led into this room that had what looked like a small bed that you can elevate the head part, I was shown the equipment and I asked about the type of ink used. Since I got the regular tattoo, she said it might turn blue over time that is why I have a record of being a client and get retouch every 3-4 years as retouch. She applied an anesthetic and let it stay for 30 minutes,,, then its needle time!

Boy it was uncomfortable, but it was not painful. What I mean is, it's not that painful that I wanted to quit. It does feel like what it was blogged about "a fine ball point pen scrawling on your eye" -- over and over. The whole thing lasted an hour but most of it was just to wait for the anesthetic to kick in. Disclaimer : Pain is subjective so we have different thresholds, what might be painful for you may not be for me.  You see guys, a tattoo kinda works like a crayon. The more times you pass over the skin, the darker it will be.

Day by day account:


1 is after the day I got the tattoo ( all swollen ), I did a bit of grocery shopping after that since it was in a mall and I still drove myself home. 2 is the second day, it was really dark and dried blood and ink peeling off. 3 is the 3rd day it's all nice and smooth.

I had to buy this anti-bacterial eye gel ( teramycin ) so my eyes and skin won't get infected. **Do not skip this! This is really important so use it and apply everyday starting day 1 and for the next 3-7 days. I chose to have thick dark eyeliner and did not regret any bit of it. I still need to use a liquid eyeliner or the like if I wanted more *oomph* or a cat eye look and when I go to events and wear false lashes. I really love it that I don't need to spend a long time in the mirror drawing it and  the formula melting under the heat and humidity. It was all worth the scrawly pain/discomfort.

Much Love,

<3

1 comment: