Thursday, February 12, 2015

First Impression : POND'S White Beauty - Pearl cleansing gel -Oxygenated Gel with Pearl Essence.

I was strolling at the beauty section, lo and behold I see something that has a "New Item" tag.

My love affair with this brand started when I was in grade school, I remember them going to schools to introduce their product and gave free samples. I can't really say that I owe my smooth skin to this brand since I use other brands too, but it has been a staple to my toiletries case since then.
It is POND'S white beauty Pearl cleansing gel - Oxygenated Gel with Pearl Essence :)

IMG_20150212_195557
I bought the 50 g tube for 84 php or about $2 at a nearby SM department store.

What it says on the back:

"Infused with Pearl Essence -  known to give glowing, fair skin.

Oxygenated gel formula - Refreshes & cleanses, removing dirt & excess oil from deep down, leaves skin so soft.

How to use: Wet your face, put a small amount of gel on hand, create lather gently massage on to face then rinse off. In case of contact with eyes, rinse with water immediately. Store away from sunlight and heat"

What I saw interesting is, if you look closer the cleanser appears to have bubbles hence "Oxygenated Gel". This is the first time I am using something that has this technology, but I have heard about the healing properties of oxygen to the skin.

Oxygenated with Pearl Essence.

IMG_20150212_200214

As soon as I got home I washed my face with it and saw that the cleanser is clear, not pink nor iridescent. There are no specs of glitter nor shimmer in it, just clear gel with bubbles. It is comparable with the Belo Essentials facial wash, that has a gel consistency but still lathers.

The smell put me off, it smelled like old rose, a faint deep musk old rose smell which I don't like. I followed the instructions and yes it does have a light lather to it  and did not sting. The rinsing was easy and it left my skin moist and clean, it did not leave a film, scent nor made my skin tight.

I am still crossing my fingers on the whitening effects of this cleanser, I will definitely give you a report on how it is after a few weeks and if it really does make my skin glow.

Pros:

1. Leaves my skin clean.

2. Leaves my skin moist and not taut.

3. Does not leave a film even though its moisturizing.

4. Basing on the "healing" properties of oxygen, I think this is great for my skin since I am under going Tretinoin 0.05% treatment.

Cons:

1. It smells awful ( highly subjective ).

Also make sure to follow the instructions about keeping it away from sunlight and heat as the way it looks this is a product that has oxygen infused in it.

Much Love,

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment